Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on October 02, 2014, 11:32:59 am
-
When the cutter is set to Automatic how long does it wait before it cuts HP Satin?
-
Given the drying time of that paper/ink/gloss enhancer combination it may be wise to give it some time before it falls in the bag. Or are you still waihing for a print to be cut that was made yesterday?
--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
September 2014, 650+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
-
Ernst,
I am used to the print getting cut immediately on my Canon 8100 so I have been cutting the print manually on the 3100. I will wait next time and see how long it takes but overnight is a little too long for me. Is it usually around 5 minutes?
Mike
-
Could it be that you disabled the automatic cutting feature in the driver?
Usually when things like this occur the user sorts it out himself.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
September 2014, 650+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
-
Ernie,
The cutting blade is ON in the driver and I`m using Instant Dry Satin so I thought it would fairly quickly but it isn`t. Maybe eventually I will figure it out-who knows?
Mike
-
The last is the right attitude. Meanwhile you could check whether the drying time in the gloss media presets has been altered. I'm not aware of extreme delays between printing and cutting on my Z3200/Z3100. Not that I stand by them with a stopwatch.
Ernie
-
I agreewith Ernst. It seems likely that the profile has been altered to say "cutter off"– consequently no cut is being made. The Z3100 like the Z3200 should cut rather quickly after the print has been made.
Keep banging around looking for the problem that's the way to solve these things - you just get familiar with the machine.
-
It should take about one minute of drying time.
-
I went back into the driver and turned the automatic cutter off then on several times now it cuts the Instant Dry Satin almost immediately. Oh well.
-
I went back into the driver and turned the automatic cutter off then on several times now it cuts the Instant Dry Satin almost immediately. Oh well.
That's great - fixed and learned something. That's it !