Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: LesPalenik on September 28, 2014, 09:20:25 pm
-
Very unusual and effective image for Algonquin Park. Especially for this time of year with all the colours around.
Well seen and captured masterfully. Certainly worth the early rise.
-
Well done.
-
Yes - beautiful...
-
Truly "luminous".
-
Hi Michael,
I like the contrasts and rays. The monotone top versus the golden browns and yellows also work well.
Can you provide commentary for the cropping of the very top of the photograph? I would be interested to hear what your thoughts were on this composition, and if you considered a taller or shorter crop.
Thank you.
-
It's gone off the home page now, but here it is below.
The reason for the tight cropping at the top was that there were patches of sky, and I felt that they distracted. The eye is drawn to the brightest parts of an image, and I wanted these to be the rays leading down to the illuminated trees, not the patches of sky.
Michael
(http://www.luminous-landscape.com/articleImages/MR64/rays.jpg)
-
Number 5 rating.
-
Michael, Thank you for the explanation.
-
That was a great image, Michael! And so is the latest one!
Thanks for sharing!
Best regards
Erik
It's gone off the home page now, but here it is below.
The reason for the tight cropping at the top was that there were patches of sky, and I felt that they distracted. The eye is drawn to the brightest parts of an image, and I wanted these to be the rays leading down to the illuminated trees, not the patches of sky.
Michael
(http://www.luminous-landscape.com/articleImages/MR64/rays.jpg)