Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on September 27, 2014, 08:59:11 am
-
What media type should I use on my Z3100 using the Breathing Color Silverada Canvas?
Mike
-
Ok, found that you are supposed to use Fine Art Pearl with Metallic. So my z3100 created and read the calibration chart just fine but after it printed the profile chart it wouldn`t read the patches. Anyone else with a z printer successfully printing with it?
Mike
-
I tried making a print using a profile I made on Fuji Gloss and the results were ok but seemed lacking. I tried one more profile using a HP Collector Satin media type but once again it wouldn`t read all the patches it said "Cancelled due to Paper Type /LED problems." Anyone ever encounter this before?
-
Have you called breathing color, i have found them very helpful with profiling their papers.
-
BC said they weren`t all that familiar with the z3100 to be able to help. I am wondering if the spectro sensor needs cleaning. Can anyone point me to a description with illustrations on how to get to the sensor?
Mike
-
Metallic surfaces and the spectrometers we normally use in this industry are not compatible, the one in the HP Z models included. Breathing Colour states that this canvas is compatible with the Z3100. In that case they should provide an advice on the media preset to use + a profile that is satisfying. This type of media is hard to calibrate + profile for a normal user.
I have no experience with metallic canvas but in your case I would look for the Canon iPFx400 ICC profiles that might be available. If not at Breathing Colour then Hahnemühle has a Canvas Metallic and profiles that may suit. All compromises but any custom made profile with suitable spectrometers may be a costly affair.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
September 2014, 650+ inkjet media white spectral plots.