Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JohnHeerema on September 25, 2014, 05:15:01 pm

Title: Anything like Epson Display Transparency film, but clear?
Post by: JohnHeerema on September 25, 2014, 05:15:01 pm
I'm looking for something like Epson's Display Transparency Backlight film, but with a clear background - does anyone know if such a thing exists?

What I'm doing, is creating a photomural for the windows on an interior office, so that people on the inside don't feel like they are in a fish bowl. The Epson film is nice, but it would be nice to be able to provide some transparency without having to cut holes in the film (which I'm not very good at!).

Thanks!
Title: Re: Anything like Epson Display Transparency film, but clear?
Post by: mstevensphoto on September 25, 2014, 06:14:11 pm
Dura trans and dura clear are wonderful products. they're not inkjet, but quite wonderful.
Title: Re: Anything like Epson Display Transparency film, but clear?
Post by: deanwork on September 25, 2014, 07:04:29 pm
Hp used to make one, maybe they still do. It had white tape on the edges so the printer could read it to load.

j

Title: Re: Anything like Epson Display Transparency film, but clear?
Post by: Iluvmycam on September 25, 2014, 07:59:25 pm
Here is the list from the Encyclopedia of Photographic and Fine Art Ink Jet Printing Media Vol 3

Arista II OHP Transparency Film 7 mil E.U. 2013
Bergger PN100 OHP Digital Darkroom Film France
Grafix Transparency Sheets
Inkpress Backlight film 7 mil
Inkpress Clear Film
Inkpress Transparency Film 7 mil
Inkpress White Gloss Film 7 mil
Jacquard Solar Fast Film 4 mil
Oriental Graphica Inkjet Film Japan
Pictorica Premium OHP Transparency Film 5.2 mil Japan
Pictorica ultra Premium OHP Transparency Film 5.7 mil Japan
Title: Re: Anything like Epson Display Transparency film, but clear?
Post by: johnATshadesofpaper on September 26, 2014, 09:21:55 am
Take a look at Sihl Clear Stick that might work for you
Title: Re: Anything like Epson Display Transparency film, but clear?
Post by: JohnHeerema on September 28, 2014, 03:43:01 pm
Thank you so much for all those suggestions!

I'll get some samples of as many as I can, and do some tests.
Even if I can't print on them with my Epson 9900, I can send some out for solvent printing, and see how they look.

John