Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MoreOrLess on September 25, 2014, 10:39:29 am

Title: Stormy Grazing...
Post by: MoreOrLess on September 25, 2014, 10:39:29 am
A shot from this afternoon...

(http://i.imgur.com/av8QDFe.jpg)
Title: Re: Stormy Grazing...
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 25, 2014, 03:39:57 pm
A pastoral scene - mmmmmm

The front cow is nicely lit and the separation of subject from background is clean.
I do wonder if some areas of the sky and even maybe the cow have the highlights slightly clipped.

I do suspect that had the cow given you some philosophical eye contact the image may have been more engaging.

Not sure but there you have it from me at least.


Mal
Title: Re: Stormy Grazing...
Post by: luxborealis on September 25, 2014, 05:33:40 pm
+1
Title: Re: Stormy Grazing...
Post by: MoreOrLess on September 26, 2014, 07:23:15 am
There is a patch of sky at the top level with the cows sholder blades that's slightly blown out(even with a 2 stop grad and some under exposure of the land), I was considering pasting in a little detail.

I'v taken so many shots with as you nicely put it "philosophical eye contact" with the cow that I was going for a more relaxed grazing position here with the cow itself drawing less immediate attention.
Title: Re: Stormy Grazing...
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 26, 2014, 07:43:59 am
Well now you have bovine philosophy nailed I guess we can't expect you to flog a dead horse - animal metaphors galore -

Still I guess we just try and call it as we see it.


Mal