Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on September 24, 2014, 12:40:38 pm

Title: C1 v8 Black are being Clipped
Post by: JoeKitchen on September 24, 2014, 12:40:38 pm
I noticed that with v8, the black in my images are being processed much darker then the what the viewer window shows me in C1. 

Anyway to fix this and make it more accurate? 
Title: Re: C1 v8 Black are being Clipped
Post by: deejjjaaaa on September 24, 2014, 12:54:49 pm
I noticed that with v8, the black in my images are being processed much darker then the what the viewer window shows me in C1.  

Anyway to fix this and make it more accurate?  

what is the profile that you output to (use for output image) and viewer that you use to compare the image vs what C1 displays ?
Title: Re: C1 v8 Black are being Clipped
Post by: Paul2660 on September 24, 2014, 01:35:52 pm
I just double checked, and I am not seeing any problems.  I am running win7 64bit, with an nvidia GTX470.

I am using the default Phase Profile daylight for IQ160, P45+ or IQ260. 
Export to Prophoto, tif 16bit

It sound like somehow a double profile is being loaded, either during the image export from C1 or in the viewing program.

Paul
Title: Re: C1 v8 Black are being Clipped
Post by: deejjjaaaa on September 24, 2014, 01:50:04 pm
there is a thing called BPC (Black point compensation)...
Title: Re: C1 v8 Black are being Clipped
Post by: JoeKitchen on September 24, 2014, 03:49:30 pm
Thank you, I will look into these. 
Title: Re: C1 v8 Black are being Clipped
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 24, 2014, 06:11:22 pm
No problem here.

Cheers,
Bernard