Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on September 23, 2014, 04:48:33 pm

Title: Washed up
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on September 23, 2014, 04:48:33 pm
C & C's welcome ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Washed up
Post by: luxborealis on September 23, 2014, 06:04:59 pm
Great colours and movement in the water. I must admit to preferring a horizontal composition, so the log is part of a greater (and beautiful) scene rather than being isolated as it is. Also, the foam is distracting to me, but that's only me.
Title: Re: Washed up
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on September 23, 2014, 06:38:19 pm
Thanks Terry.

I took a load of shots of this scene, in a mad panic sort of way, as I tried to quickly find some foreground interest to balance against the sunset and there wasn't really much to choose from other than this washed up old tree stump. I was actually on an assignment you see (yes I know, that does sound rather grand doesn't it) and so I was having to photograph the thing I was being paid to photograph, instead of being able to fully concentrate on the landscape shots I would have much preferred to be shooting, so this was more of a grab shot really, between doing everything else.

But thanks again for looking and commenting  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Washed up
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 23, 2014, 07:41:09 pm
I bet Kevin Raber will sue you for trademark infringement  ;)
Title: Re: Washed up
Post by: stamper on September 24, 2014, 03:37:34 am
I bet Kevin Raber will sue you for trademark infringement  ;)

That is rather colourful language? :)
Title: Re: Washed up
Post by: Jim Pascoe on September 24, 2014, 05:21:39 am
I love the picture from the skyline down - I find the vivid yellow of the sky just too strong for me in the composition.....

Not a picture I could live with I'm afraid - unlike some of your others!

Jim