Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MoreOrLess on September 23, 2014, 01:58:27 am

Title: Autumn Mist
Post by: MoreOrLess on September 23, 2014, 01:58:27 am
Finally some interesting autumn whether in the uK after weeks of grey mornings...

(http://i.imgur.com/cWjAFaW.jpg)
Title: Re: Autumn Mist - trying to get into the scene
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 23, 2014, 04:30:49 am
Like the "U" shaped foreground, like the radiating beams in the mist, like the farm house off to the middle right, like the black and white.

I looked at your image for a long time wondering what I was looking for and then I spotted it - I wanted some way to get past that bramble in the foreground and walk back to the farm house - a gap in the hedge, a stile maybe or a path - I know they probably were not there but that was what I was looking for.

Reminds me of one day we were walking in South West England and it was a misty morning - no nice sunlight to speak of, but certainly the same feeling of peace.



Mal
Title: Re: Autumn Mist
Post by: MoreOrLess on September 23, 2014, 04:45:47 am
Sadly nothing like that to include, the choice would have been just plan grass on the hillside a bit further to the left and I think that the shot needs the taller bush on the right to balance.

Another simpler misty shot from this morning...

(http://i.imgur.com/CTUdiPz.jpg)
Title: Re: Autumn Mist
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 23, 2014, 05:11:11 am
Wow really like that shot - beautiful light.

Yes I know we can't just pop in the components we might like - but still I guess that is what feedback is about.

Lovely shots.


Mal