Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on September 20, 2014, 02:07:18 pm

Title: arat
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 20, 2014, 02:07:18 pm
What I saw when I took it was the tree's arch echoing the shape of the rock. Does it work?

Jeremy
Title: Re: arat
Post by: armand on September 20, 2014, 02:24:23 pm
I like it. The main rock feels too bright, and I would definitely tone down the one on the right bottom.
Title: Re: arat
Post by: luxborealis on September 20, 2014, 02:53:34 pm
The Arch of the tree does match the arc of the rock, bit does not a photograph make, at least to my eyes. My eye lands on the rock wanders up to the arch the back to rock and starts looking for something else, which it doesn't find.
Title: Re: arat
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 20, 2014, 02:53:55 pm
You're right on both counts, of course, armand. It's odd (and worrying) that I don't see the obvious until it's pointed out to me.

Jeremy
Title: Re: arat
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 20, 2014, 08:31:50 pm
That's much better, Jeremy. I do like it, but since I've just been looking again at one of Stamper's Street photos, I'm starting to "interpret" images in ways that may not be relevant. Here, for instance, I immediately saw the right end of the arching tree as a crocodile head. 
Title: Re: arat
Post by: francois on September 23, 2014, 08:03:42 am
I like the last version a lot but, unlike Eric, I didn't see any croc in the frame! I guess I need some sleep.
Title: Re: arat
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 23, 2014, 02:10:04 pm
I didn't see any croc in the frame! I guess I need some sleep.

Nah, you're fine. Eric's the one with the hallucinations.

Jeremy
Title: Re: arat
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 23, 2014, 06:57:09 pm
Nah, you're fine. Eric's the one with the hallucinations.

Jeremy
Must be sumpin in the water I drink.  :P
Title: Re: arat
Post by: armand on September 23, 2014, 10:07:02 pm
I did not see it, but know when I look at the thumbnail only it does evoke a gavial.