Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: William Chitham on September 19, 2014, 05:06:54 am
-
I've been asked to do some exhibition prints on HP Baryte Satin Art (HP code CG804A for the 44") but it has apparently been discontinued. I've never used the stuff, can anyone suggest a match available in the UK?
Thanks,
William.
-
I believe Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Baryta should be quite similar.
-
I've been asked to do some exhibition prints on HP Baryte Satin Art (HP code CG804A for the 44") but it has apparently been discontinued. I've never used the stuff, can anyone suggest a match available in the UK?
Thanks,
William.
William, i have just received from Hahnemuhle the hahnemuhle FineArt Baryta Satin (name corrected) to test, just like i did in March for the Photo Silk Baryta:
http://www.fineartprintingspecialist.nl/fine-art-print/hahnemuhle-photo-silk-baryta-heeft-de-tipa-award-2014-verkregen/
This post in my blog is in Dutch (Google translate to the rescue), it has a link to my test results in my other website.
The test on the FineArt Baryta Satin (name corrected) i aim to publish next week.
-
based only on spectrumviz results........
Sihl 4848 Mclass Satin Baryta 290
Calumet Brilliant Museum Silver Gloss Natural 300 << is this still available ??
Inkpress Baryta 300
Tecco Baryta Ivory BTI 290
-
In Spectrumviz: the HP is L:98.2 a:-0.2 b:2.2
Measured with X-rite I1Pro2 the Hahnemuhle Fineart Silk Baryta L: 98.27 a: 0.08 b: 2.28
So pretty close in their whitepoint
-
Hahnemühle PhotoRag Baryta 315 grams.
A rag quality that prints similar to the HP Baryte but without the HP's haze that had to be wiped off after printing.
--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
-
Hahnemühle PhotoRag Baryta 315 grams.
+1
I did not like the HP baryta at all- no deep blacks...Hahnemühle PhotoRag Baryta is very nice on the HP3100 especially Black and White
-
Thanks everyone, will have a look at the two Hahnemuhle papers suggested.