Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on September 18, 2014, 08:08:16 pm

Title: Mystery Man
Post by: seamus finn on September 18, 2014, 08:08:16 pm
.

I think that dot is copyright of Russ.

Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: BernardLanguillier on September 21, 2014, 08:46:52 am
Love it!

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 21, 2014, 09:36:25 am
Love it!

Cheers,
Bernard
+1.
Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: RSL on September 21, 2014, 03:39:55 pm
+1. And I hereby give you permission to use my copyrighted dot.
Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 21, 2014, 04:05:02 pm
What do I like about your image?

I like the soft form of the man.
I like the detail in the inscriptions and floor and wall tiles.
I like the way the light coming in from the hall is forming a sort of ominous ideological face - is this the fixed face of institutionalised religion?


I don't like that little rope that makes the place look like a museum rather than a living building.
I would straighten up the verticals.

Mal
Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: seamus finn on September 22, 2014, 06:20:07 pm
What do I like about your image?

I like the soft form of the man.
I like the detail in the inscriptions and floor and wall tiles.
I like the way the light coming in from the hall is forming a sort of ominous ideological face - is this the fixed face of institutionalised religion?


I don't like that little rope that makes the place look like a museum rather than a living building.
I would straighten up the verticals.

Mal


This is for you, Mal.







Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 22, 2014, 09:09:28 pm
Seamus


I guess what matters is do you think it tweaks your image - or do you prefer your original?

To me the idea of this section is to get constructive comment rather than just a pat on the back - which is nice but I find does not help me improve.

Thanks for taking the time to experiment with your image.


Regards



Mal
Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: seamus finn on September 23, 2014, 05:40:40 am
Mal,

I think the second version is a better image. Many thanks for your interest.
Title: Re: Mystery Man
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 23, 2014, 06:28:30 am
Yes sometimes small changes can just allow the image to sit together better without a distraction that just niggles.

Mal