Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Phil Indeblanc on September 18, 2014, 05:18:13 pm

Title: Firmware update for PhaseOne backs
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on September 18, 2014, 05:18:13 pm
Hi folks,

Phase says my backs need a firmware update. I did a search here for past threads.
I found this thread (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=88326.0)

But I was looking for some info and reasons for the firmware update.  
I'm usually skeptical of firmware updates as they can cripple a device, (my experience with HP printer firmware making stocked inks and heads useless).

Regardless, I'd like to know what its supposed to address.

This is the link from Phase, but no explanation hear either..

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Materials/Camera-Firmware/P-Firmware.aspx
http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Materials/Camera-Firmware/H25.aspx

Also that the P series link has a file for firmware, while H25 does not.

thanks
Title: Re: Firmware update for PhaseOne backs
Post by: Steve Hendrix on September 18, 2014, 05:31:58 pm
Hi folks,

Phase says my backs need a firmware update. I did a search here for past threads.
I found this thread (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=88326.0)

But I was looking for some info and reasons for the firmware update. 
I'm usually skeptical of firmware updates as they can cripple a device, (my experience with HP printer firmware making stocked inks and heads useless).

Regardless, I'd like to know what its supposed to address.

This is the link from Phase, but no explanation hear either..

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Materials/Camera-Firmware/P-Firmware.aspx
http://www.phaseone.com/en/Downloads/Materials/Camera-Firmware/H25.aspx

thanks


Phil - Generally, especially on older digital backs, we're very cautious with firmware updates (newer backs can be a different story). The question often is everything working ok? If so, maybe not a reason to do anything. There's typically a Read Me for every firmware update that describes the changes - did you not see that on the download page - it is there.


Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Title: Re: Firmware update for PhaseOne backs
Post by: Phil Indeblanc on September 18, 2014, 06:29:30 pm
Yes there is.
It was titled "ReadMe and profile installation instructions"

All works A-OK. I'll take a look.

Thanks!