Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jakub on September 18, 2014, 02:21:14 pm

Title: Museo Silver Rag with Epson Matte Black ink?
Post by: Jakub on September 18, 2014, 02:21:14 pm
Has anyone used the Silver Rag paper with Epson Matte Black ink?
If so what parameters do you set in the print dialogue box and does the print need to be sprayed afterwards?
I have a roll that is several years old and have yet to print on.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Museo Silver Rag with Epson Matte Black ink?
Post by: KeithR on September 18, 2014, 06:10:25 pm
I have not used MSR but I think it uses Photo Black. Check with Museo for the media type.
Title: Re: Museo Silver Rag with Epson Matte Black ink?
Post by: Randy Carone on September 18, 2014, 06:13:03 pm
Definitely a gloss paper. I use it regularly with my 3800. Matte Black ink will rub off and will not give you the Dmax of Photo Black.
Title: Re: Museo Silver Rag with Epson Matte Black ink?
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 19, 2014, 07:46:42 am
With my 3880 I use the Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster setting in the driver which will NOT allow you to print with the MK ink cartridge.  Randy's post above is correct; you will not get good results using a MK paper setting.
Title: Re: Museo Silver Rag with Epson Matte Black ink?
Post by: Jakub on September 19, 2014, 12:33:07 pm
Thanks everyone!