Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: dreed on September 17, 2014, 08:58:40 am
-
Does anyone here use the Canon 70-200/f4L IS USM with either the 1.4x or 2.0x Mark III tele-converters?
-
Yep
Works fine. Are you having problems?
-
Yep
Works fine. Are you having problems?
Considering buying and just curious what the IQ degradation is like with the 1.4x attached.
-
I am using it (though rarely) with 1.4 MII, as the tests at the time showed minimal degradation. I did not do my own tests, but I never noticed a problem with the images either. And it is with a Mark II, mind you.
-
Have to admit I did not pixel peep, but since the perspective and mag is not the same, not sure how to interpret the results
In any case, used it extensively last week in Yellowstone on critters and if seemed very sharp… 1.4 Mk III here. IS and AF worked perfectly.
-
I found one example, tripod-mounted, 100% view, unprocessed and unsharpened (except for Lightroom defaults):
EDIT: Forgot to mention, that was a 10 Mpxl camera, Canon 40D
-
use 1.4 Mark II and have no problems with it. But use it more with my 24TS, crisp and sharp.
-
use 1.4 Mark II and have no problems with it. But use it more with my 24TS, crisp and sharp.
Never though of using that combo. Is your shift limited?
My 50mm Schneider has such a huge image circle that at 10mm of shift it physically hits the stops on my 6D.
Could sell the 50 mm Schneider to fund other candy if it's that good
Will test this...