Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Paul2660 on September 17, 2014, 08:44:57 am

Title: ARCA-SWISS Universalis
Post by: Paul2660 on September 17, 2014, 08:44:57 am
This may have been overlooked in all of the new Arca announcements.  This appears to be a newer LIGHTER, version of the old tried and true M2.  I noticed the weight for the unit is around 2.64lbs, I assume no rail included.  They are making it in 3 versions, DSLR, Medium Format back, and 4 x 5.  The rear mount appears lower or higher depending on the camera being used.  This unit does have a 32mm limit on widest lens.  

In the photo Arca has the standard rail included, which I believe would need to be added to the total cost.  

This unit seems to have all the great movements of the larger and heavier M2.  Since it has the R mount any R lens can be used.  If Arca comes out with Nikon, Canon, and other mounts supported in the R mount this could be an interesting alternative.