Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JoeKitchen on September 16, 2014, 02:46:24 pm

Title: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on September 16, 2014, 02:46:24 pm
I just downloaded the new version of C1, Pro 8. 

How do I get the program to recognize every folder and image in my computer library without needed to import them? 

Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: Frederic_H on September 16, 2014, 02:49:40 pm
Right-click on the top level folder of your library and hit "synchronize..." ? Just a guess.
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on September 16, 2014, 03:29:26 pm
That did not work, but thanks.  Joe
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: John_Black on September 16, 2014, 04:38:11 pm
Create a new session, and then the folder tree should work.
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: Steve Hendrix on September 16, 2014, 07:50:37 pm
I just downloaded the new version of C1, Pro 8. 

How do I get the program to recognize every folder and image in my computer library without needed to import them? 




It should work seamlessly, Joe. When you click on the library tab, what do you see? Do you see a directory of your hard drive? And what happens if you navigate to a folder or session of images?


Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: JoeKitchen on September 16, 2014, 08:13:15 pm
I got it.  I ended the session and opened a new one.  For some reason C1 did not import my hard drive when the initial session opened after downloading. 

Thanks John. 
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: marcel b on September 17, 2014, 02:45:53 am
Can I follow up with another question for C1 8:
after installing the last update for C1 7, I wasn't able to tether my aptus 65, beside some other problems - my dealer guided me through some steps to delete files in my library, but I didn't make it and reinstalled the previous version again. (still running on OS X 10.6.8 and I'm not gonna update the OS on this computer anymore, hopefully find the time to set up a new system by the end of the year)

Will I have the same struggels with C1 8?
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: gazwas on September 17, 2014, 08:50:04 am
Will I have the same struggels with C1 8?

No because C1 8 will only run on a machine with Mac OS 10.9 or later.
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: MrSmith on September 18, 2014, 01:01:43 pm
i have a capture on question.
why on the new marketing email from C1 is the 'image quality professor’ not wearing his lab coat? and why is there a very strong magenta bias to the image? the colour is all over the place.
 ???
 ;)
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: JV on September 27, 2014, 08:29:32 pm
I got it.  I ended the session and opened a new one. 

I had exactly the same thing yesterday.  Luckily I remembered reading this thread.  Thanks for posting!
Title: Re: Capture One 8 Question
Post by: Pics2 on September 28, 2014, 04:39:32 am
i have a capture on question.
why on the new marketing email from C1 is the 'image quality professor’ not wearing his lab coat? and why is there a very strong magenta bias to the image? the colour is all over the place.
 ???
 ;)
My decision not to use v1 of any software turned out to be a good one . I'll wait until the majority of bugs is fixed. And until the lab coat is back on  :).