Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: LGRRRB on September 16, 2014, 11:35:18 am

Title: New Startup Disk for HP Z3100 Designjet
Post by: LGRRRB on September 16, 2014, 11:35:18 am
I have to change the connectivity of my HP Z3100 printer and apparently need to use the HP Startup Kit DVD. I recently moved and cannot find the DVD which came with the printer. I've looked everywhere and don't know what I've done with it. I also spent a lot of time on the HP website but could not determine how to purchase a replacement Startup DVD.

Where can I get a replacement Startup DVD for the printer?
Title: Re: New Startup Disk for HP Z3100 Designjet
Post by: Mike Sellers on September 17, 2014, 09:14:23 am
I`ve been trying to find one myself but no luck. I downloaded the drivers and HP Utility at
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.prp_bd9b6997fbc7fc515f4cf4626f5c8d01=wsrp-navigationalState%3DswEnvOID%253D4132%257CswLang%253D%257Caction%253DlistDriver&javax.portlet.tpst=bd9b6997fbc7fc515f4cf4626f5c8d01&sp4ts.oid=3204974&ac.admitted=1410959607720.876444892.492883150#Driver
Title: Re: New Startup Disk for HP Z3100 Designjet
Post by: kers on September 19, 2014, 09:13:58 am
Where can I get a replacement Startup DVD for the printer?

I  do not know but i have connected it through Fast Ethernet with a fixed address... 192.168.2.2  ( on a Mac 10.9.5)
this is how it works with me:

go to the menu on top of the printer - go to connectivity

USB: in the USB part it should say  Yes- Yes   - the there should be no problem when connecting it tot the computer


Ethernet :In the ethernet part configuration give it the address 192.168.2.2-

connect the ethernet wire to the mac ( mac pro second port)
go to the mac;

I assume you have the drivers installed otherwise got to    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support.html   and install the drivers

go to the system preferences/ network

give the ethernet 2 the number 192.168.2.1   - close

go to system preferences - printers

add a new printer

i should see by now the z3100

add the printer- ready














Title: Re: New Startup Disk for HP Z3100 Designjet
Post by: LGRRRB on October 09, 2014, 10:11:27 am
Thank you, Mr. Kers, for your response. It sounds logical and I'll give it a try. Thanks again.