Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: rogerxnz on September 15, 2014, 02:46:18 pm

Title: Is using a Lee 105mm round polarizer inside a Lee universal hood practical?
Post by: rogerxnz on September 15, 2014, 02:46:18 pm
I want to use a Lee 105mm round polarizing filter inside a Lee universal hood. You can screw in the polarizing filter's retaining ring inside the current universal hood, but is there enough room inside the hood for your fingers when you want to turn the filter to get the effect you want?

Although the hood comes with two filter holders at the back of the ring, I think I will have to remove one to avoid vignetting with a 28mm lens and a Credo 60 back.

What is the widest lens you have used with your Lee universal hood and internal 105mm polarizer?

I am keen to avoid the Lee wide-angle hood as it is a monster!
Roger
Title: Re: Is using a Lee 105mm round polarizer inside a Lee universal hood practical?
Post by: Paul2660 on September 15, 2014, 03:38:10 pm
Works great. I use this combination all the time.  105mm fits in front. Requires an adapter that you mount to the face of the hood. You have plenty of room to rotate the ring.

Paul