Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: PeterAit on September 13, 2014, 10:35:01 am

Title: A trio of sunrises
Post by: PeterAit on September 13, 2014, 10:35:01 am
I know sunrises (and sunsets) can be sort of banal, but they can also be gorgeous. I spent a week on the Outer Banks of North Carolina is an oceanfront cottage facing due east, and every morning I would get up about 45 min before sunrise and sit on the deck with coffee and camera. It's a great time of day! Nikon D-600 with either Sigma 24-105mm f/4 zoom or Nikon 70-200mm f/4 zoom.
Title: Re: A trio of sunrises
Post by: shawnino on September 13, 2014, 10:40:22 am
I quite like the second one--rather reminds me of something Arkhip Quindzhi would paint.
Not sure if it's exactly straight, or what straight means in such an image, but I love the moody tones.

I'm not much for sunrises/sunsets without something in the foreground but this is the sort of image that asks me ton change my mind.