Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: KingRoach on September 12, 2014, 08:03:08 am

Title: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: KingRoach on September 12, 2014, 08:03:08 am
Hi all.

I have undertaken a repair project to get this one Mamiya C33 TLR back into commission.

I have detailed the disassembly with some pictures, and will post it all on my blog.

Here is the first section detailing the mechanisms of the body, with pictures and text explaining how it all works.

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mamiya-c33-tlr-repair-part-1.html

I hope you find all this helpful. The following posts will cover what I did to calibrate focus and to fix the jammed aperture on the lens.

Let me know what you think.
Title: Re: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: KingRoach on September 20, 2014, 10:15:52 pm
Part II

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mamiya-c33-tlr-repair-part-2.html

Includes:
focusing screen removal
focus calibration process
changing light seals

Leave comments or throw in a small donation.
Title: Re: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: Martin Ranger on September 20, 2014, 11:08:59 pm
Very neat! Thank you for posting this.
Title: Re: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: KingRoach on September 22, 2014, 04:17:36 pm
Thanks a lot Martin. You, and the entire photographic community, are most welcome.

I'm making some effort into bringing some informative posts into the world of photography. Was hoping to get lots of feedback really.

Part III is here:

THE LENS!

Mamiya Sekor 80mm f2.8 twin lens in Seikosha shutter with jammed aperture. Disassembly/teardown and fix.

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mamiya-c33-repair-part-3-sekor-80mm-f28.html

Let me know what you think, guys. I could use some feedback. Is this at all helpful or should I stop making the effort to share/help?
Title: Re: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: artobest on September 26, 2014, 06:39:56 am
This is good stuff, but are you posting it in more analog-oriented forums, such as APUG? You will most likely find a more appreciative audience there - the LuLa MF forum tends to be pretty much about digital these days.
Title: Re: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: KingRoach on September 26, 2014, 07:03:18 am
Thanks for the advice,  artobest. I will do as you suggest. :)
Title: Re: Mamiya C33 Repair
Post by: Martin Ranger on September 27, 2014, 12:34:03 am
I agree APUG is probably a better place to post, but there are people on here, too, who are interested, even if they don't post replies (301 views don't lie).
All IMO, of course.