Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on September 11, 2014, 03:19:49 am

Title: Cardinal Woodpecker
Post by: William Walker on September 11, 2014, 03:19:49 am
I took this yesterday and thought it was worth posting...

Thanks
William
Title: Re: Cardinal Woodpecker
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 11, 2014, 01:13:46 pm
Nice! We never get those around here (near Boston). We get Downies, Flickers, Hairies, Red-bellied's, and a few Pileateds.

P.S. Your photo is much better than the ones on Wikipedia.

Title: Re: Cardinal Woodpecker
Post by: shawnino on September 11, 2014, 03:23:06 pm
Lovely image.
I like the upside-down perspective... don't see so much of that in bird photography.
Title: Re: Cardinal Woodpecker
Post by: Jim Pascoe on September 12, 2014, 05:40:39 am
He's upside down!  Our local woodpeckers here in the UK are always right way up so it is unfamiliar - which makes it more interesting.  I love the muted colours.

Jim
Title: Re: Cardinal Woodpecker
Post by: William Walker on September 13, 2014, 01:38:56 am
I love the muted colours.

Jim

I have hundreds of bird pics, but it was the muted colours that attracted me to this picture. This is the female Cardinal, the male has bright red on his head and would be more impressive to show - as a picture.
Muted is more often than not "lookable" for a longer time...

Thanks for the comments!
William