Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: photoguy90210 on September 10, 2014, 12:06:48 am
-
I really need some input on the best software for gallery wrap and also software for printing 2 and 3 piece sets with easy function. I'm new to the printing business so just need some guidance. Printing from a Cannon IPF8400 and Epson Stylus Pro 11880. When I mean 2 and 3 piece sets I sell alot of multiple piece sets. Keep in mind these are all Gallery wrapped. Thanks for any help and guidance
-
Qimage Ultimate does that and way more. You need Windows in whatever form (Mac) for that software.
Edit: Yes the wraps too and then several wrapped images nested next to one another on one print page. I could have recommended my Canvas Wrap Actions for PS but that will take more time in handling which I guessed is not your goal. More choices of wrap content though.
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/six-canvas-wrap-actions.htm
--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
April 2014, 600+ inkjet media white spectral plots.
-
The iPF8400 has a gallery wrap feature that you can use thru the photo program. I haven't used the feature yet, but you can contact Canon's tech support to get it set up properly.
800-423-2366
Hope this helps.
-
for what it's worth in your quantity production setup I'd either expect the images to come ready to wrap OR use photoshop's context aware fill. I find that the wrap software mostly looks less lovely than I want. but as mentioned, the ipf8400 (my printer of preference) comes with the software.
-
I really need some input on the best software for gallery wrap and also software for printing 2 and 3 piece sets with easy function. I'm new to the printing business so just need some guidance. Printing from a Cannon IPF8400 and Epson Stylus Pro 11880. When I mean 2 and 3 piece sets I sell a lot of multiple piece sets. Keep in mind these are all Gallery wrapped. Thanks for any help and guidance
You didn't mentioned which platform, PC or Mac. I've never used Qimage, since I use Mac and not really interested in running Parallels just for that app. However, Qimage certainly has a lot going for it, according to every review I've read. As mentioned, if you are using Mac you can install "Parallels" and run Windows OS there and Qimage as well. Otherwise, the gallery wrap with a mirrored edge is pretty easy to accomplish, but if you want an app that can do all of that for you, "Perfect Resize" from onOne Software does a great job with one click. It's also a very good app for upsizing image files, in my opinion. You'll also see a number of "reviews" of that app on this forum, usually very positive. As far as ganging up images, Adobe Lightroom ia a good app for that as well. You might also want to check Roy Harrington's site(Quadtone RIP etc.). He has a RIP developed strictly for "gang" printing called "Print Tool". And by the way, his Quadtone RIP is an excellent app for printing B&W and toned or split-toned images. Very affordable as well, so it's all good! See the URLs below for these two sites. I hope this is of some help.
http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/resize9/
http://www.quadtonerip.com/html/QTRprinttool.html
Gary
-
I use Mirage Print 3
I cannot say it's the best, as I haven't tried many. It is very good though.
Give it a try, they give a full function trial for 14 days.
It will do wraps and can spread an image across multiple canvases (I haven't tried that feature but the standard canvas works well)
They make it seem like it will only work from Adobe products, but it works as a standalone. I use it as my "printer module" for Capture One.
Not affiliated wit them in any way. (well except giving them my money)
http://mirage.dinax.de
-
Go to http://melor.com then find photoshop actions. You'll find what you're looking for there.