Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 09, 2014, 11:28:06 pm

Title: misc BW
Post by: armand on September 09, 2014, 11:28:06 pm
some BW interpretations
Title: Re: misc BW
Post by: Jim Pascoe on September 10, 2014, 09:35:30 am
Interesting - I was drawn to the thumbnails, however -

1. Is unsharp, but interesting composition.

2. I find a lack of anything in the bright patch in the middle a weakness.  I want something there to hold my interest.

3. I like the atmosphere in this one.

4. A bit gloomy and not as original as the others!

I don't often post in this forum but when I do I always find it hard to cope with lots of pictures at once - when you click on the reply link one loses sight of the original picture and I can just about cope with one at a time.....

Jim
Title: Re: misc BW
Post by: armand on September 10, 2014, 10:53:14 am
Thanks, it kind of confirms my thoughts. Didn't think about the lack of interest on the second though.
Last one I added more because I had it in front of me and I can add 4, doubted its addition minutes later.

I don't want to start too many posts, that's why I put them together.
Title: Re: misc BW
Post by: Garry Sarre on September 10, 2014, 04:30:38 pm
I like them all, but I love 2&3
Title: Re: misc BW
Post by: churly on September 10, 2014, 08:43:26 pm
I particularly like #2 because of the way it draws you into the frame. 
Title: Re: misc BW
Post by: luxborealis on September 12, 2014, 09:03:30 pm
Interesting - I was drawn to the thumbnails, however -

1. Is unsharp, but interesting composition.

2. I find a lack of anything in the bright patch in the middle a weakness.  I want something there to hold my interest.

3. I like the atmosphere in this one.

4. A bit gloomy and not as original as the others!

I don't often post in this forum but when I do I always find it hard to cope with lots of pictures at once - when you click on the reply link one loses sight of the original picture and I can just about cope with one at a time.....

Jim

+1