Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: randal21 on September 09, 2014, 12:48:39 pm
-
I am checking out an old 7880 as my Epson 7900 got the "clogitis" disease with the yellow channel. I don't want to go down this clog/new head only syndrome again and was wondering if the 7880 had the version of the head they put in the 7900? I know my old 7600 and 7800 were very reliable and spoiled me.
-
no I believe things changed with the x890s. I spent years with a 9900, and still am going strong in years with a 9880. The x880 heads seem to be the most reliable ever. This after, x600s, x800s, x900s. My 9880 rarely shows a nozzle out, day after day, and cleans up quickly usually with one normal cleaning cycle. One caveat, the firmware forces a cleaning cycle almost hourly, resulting in the most ink waste of any Epson I've owned. The solution is to leave the rill release lever up between prints, even if that is all day.
-
Head on the 7800 and 7880 are very similar only difference being the vivid magenta used in the 7880.
As Tyler mentioned 9900 7900 9890 etc are a totally different design.
Paul
-
Paul, I thought I read that with the x880s the head head a teflon coating that made a difference. It may be coincidence my 9880 is so problem free, but I think I've heard the same from others, and that was the supposedly reason. Yes things certainly changed with the x900s.