Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: mal mcilwraith on September 09, 2014, 06:27:10 am

Title: Marriage in Spring
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 09, 2014, 06:27:10 am
(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3906/15187698645_45682cb5b2_b.jpg)

Canon ID, triple exposure.

Spring is here in the Southern Hemisphere.

Mal
Australia
Title: Re: Marriage in Spring
Post by: Bob_B on September 09, 2014, 09:16:52 am
Yes, indeed. Just the right balance of dreamlike quality with real life imagery. Beautiful.
Title: Re: Marriage in Spring
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 09, 2014, 04:54:09 pm
Thanks Bob

I however feel the image is somehow out of balance - or perhaps it is too symmetrical - I wanted to go back and re photograph the flowers but have not had a chance.

The colour I am happy with and the slightly dreamlike character I am also happy with - just the composition bugs me.



Mal
Title: Re: Marriage in Spring
Post by: louoates on September 09, 2014, 06:30:11 pm
I really enjoy this sort of image work. Great thinking and execution.
Title: Re: Marriage in Spring
Post by: luxborealis on September 09, 2014, 09:30:37 pm
Thanks Bob

I however feel the image is somehow out of balance - or perhaps it is too symmetrical - I wanted to go back and re photograph the flowers but have not had a chance.

The colour I am happy with and the slightly dreamlike character I am also happy with - just the composition bugs me.



Mal

A couple of things may be the cause of "the bug". The central, closed flower head is soft and out of focus when many other distils are in focus. Also, that central, closed flower head splits the composition into two, creating a bit if a back-and-forth tennis match.

Just some thoughts. I love the way you have combined exposures to give a feeling of lightness and transition.
Title: Re: Marriage in Spring
Post by: David Anderson on September 09, 2014, 10:41:47 pm
Yes, was just starting to feel the southern hemisphere spring time joy when slammed by hay fever.. ::)

I like the picture Mal..
Title: Re: Marriage in Spring
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 09, 2014, 11:21:07 pm
Terry


I am sure you have nailed it. It is that central unopened flower that is creating the  "humbug".

Thanks for putting your finger right on it.


Mal