Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: MartinDahl on September 08, 2014, 11:43:59 am

Title: Rodenstock large format lens
Post by: MartinDahl on September 08, 2014, 11:43:59 am
I am looking for information on a specific Rodenstock lens. After they began making identification rings on the lens barrel (green = grandson, red = Apo-Sinaronar-S etc) they also made a limited
number of a Grandagon 210mm with a golden/yellow ring.... I have seen this lens on a Philips 8x10" once, but cannot seem to find any information what so ever...
I have spoken to Linos after they took over Rodenstock photographic Lenses, but without any luck.
Does any on this forum have any knowledge on this ???

BR
Martin Dahl
Title: Re: Rodenstock large format lens
Post by: NancyP on September 08, 2014, 11:50:52 am
Go to largeformatphotography.info forums for your best shot at info on this - there's plenty of 8 x 10 and larger photographers there
Title: Re: Rodenstock large format lens
Post by: RomanN. on September 08, 2014, 04:42:22 pm
Hi,
as I remember the gold or yellow ring was for the Apo Sironar W 80° , that is discontinued.
All grandagons have the green ring.
all best
RN
Title: Re: Rodenstock large format lens
Post by: Kumar on September 10, 2014, 12:56:19 am
Bob Salomon (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/member.php?313-Bob-Salomon-HP-Marketing) is the man to ask for all things Rodenstock, Linhof, Wista, Gepe...

Kumar
Title: Re: Rodenstock large format lens
Post by: RomanN. on September 22, 2014, 04:40:03 am
This lens on your pic is definitely the Apo Sironar W 80° 5,6/210 mm.
I can tell you this with 100 procent quaranty.
The 210 mm Grandagon looks total different, has much bigger and longer Lens cells- as all wide angle granadagons have. The 210 grandagon is more than dobble size of these Apo sironar on the pic.
The Apo sironar W 80° 210 m will be great for 8x10 inch.This was the premium line from rodenstock, Schneider made also a 80 ° design that was called Super Symmar HM 80°. Both lenses exist in 150 mm and 210 mm. Schneider made also 120 mm.
Title: Re: Rodenstock large format lens
Post by: Herbc on September 22, 2014, 11:28:55 am
I had one- one hell of a lens.