Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 07, 2014, 09:58:00 pm

Title: Sailing
Post by: armand on September 07, 2014, 09:58:00 pm
.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: Alan Klein on September 07, 2014, 10:04:08 pm
Nice, simple minimalist photo.  I like it.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: TSJ1927 on September 07, 2014, 10:29:12 pm
I'd gone with a horiz. to get the boat right of center.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: armand on September 07, 2014, 10:41:18 pm
I'd gone with a horiz. to get the boat right of center.

Not sure I understand what you are saying; cropping under the horizon?
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: TSJ1927 on September 07, 2014, 10:54:04 pm
I would have photographed it with the camera held  horizontal with the boat off center and to the right of  center.   
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: armand on September 08, 2014, 12:12:15 am
I would have photographed it with the camera held  horizontal with the boat off center and to the right of  center.   

I have several framings including the one that you are mentioning, I can post them tomorrow, I just preferred this.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: Pope on September 08, 2014, 05:29:01 am
I like it the way it is! Nice job!
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: shawnino on September 08, 2014, 11:16:30 am
Elementary and essential--in the best possible meanings of the words. Stripped down and well done.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: armand on September 08, 2014, 11:51:17 am
The frame asked earlier, somewhat similar processing.

Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: armand on September 08, 2014, 11:53:37 am
One question that I have on the first photo is if you would darken, lighten or leave as is the horizon. It has information to be brought up, I just preferred to keep it "just there" as balance but nothing more.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: David Eckels on September 08, 2014, 12:59:27 pm
One question that I have on the first photo is if you would darken, lighten or leave as is the horizon. It has information to be brought up, I just preferred to keep it "just there" as balance but nothing more.

IMHO, just leave it.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: stamper on September 09, 2014, 03:17:05 am
One question that I have on the first photo is if you would darken, lighten or leave as is the horizon. It has information to be brought up, I just preferred to keep it "just there" as balance but nothing more.

I agree.
Title: Re: Sailing
Post by: mal mcilwraith on September 09, 2014, 06:12:48 am
I thought I would prefer a horizontal format as suggested - BUT now I like the first version better.

This is a very pleasing image.

Mal