Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: rgs on September 07, 2014, 06:53:48 pm

Title: Print a two sided advertising piece
Post by: rgs on September 07, 2014, 06:53:48 pm
I would like to make an advertising piece with a glossy portfolio print on one side and a simple text and graphics on the other (not glossy). Does anyone know of a paper that will do this?
Title: Re: Print a two sided advertising piece
Post by: darlingm on September 07, 2014, 09:38:01 pm
I would like to make an advertising piece with a glossy portfolio print on one side and a simple text and graphics on the other (not glossy). Does anyone know of a paper that will do this?

I used to use Breathing Color's Vibrance Rag for this.  Baryta gloss front, took ink without smearing on the back but wasn't glossy.  They discontinued Vibrance Rag and replaced it with Vibrance Baryta which for other reasons I've decided not to use.  So, no idea if it works with their new product.  But, perhaps that one or other baryta's will do the trick if you don't mind the textured surface.

When I tried printing on the reverse of RC photo paper, it smeared off even after days of drying.