Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Ligament on September 06, 2014, 07:58:59 pm
-
Howdy,
I'm considering purchasing the Nikon 14-24 f2.8 with the Fotodiox Wonderpana system to enable the use of polarizers and solid ND filters with this lens.
I don't want to place poor quality filter optics in front of this excellent lens.
I have heard that Fotodiox contracts with a major filter manufacturer to produce filters under the Fotodiox label. I've read it is Schneider optics but cannot confirm.
Does anybody know who actually manufactures these filter optics? If you have any experience with the Fotodiox Wonderpana filters, are they of excellent quality?
Thanks!
-
Yes. They make a similar set for the Sigma 14mm. The CLPL and ND .9 are very good filters. No color cast and overall a very good fit.
Filters all come in nice padded pouches also.
Paul
-
They also make a really nice kit for the Canon 17mm TSE which I just got this lens. I came very close to buying the Wonderpana but instead went with a Lee 100mm kit with Haida ND filters which are really nice but I am limited to 5mm shift movements. I'm still debating this filter setup. My biggest issue is the 145mm filters