Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 05, 2014, 09:44:51 pm

Title: Perspective
Post by: armand on September 05, 2014, 09:44:51 pm
A small change of your point of reference can change your perspective quite a lot
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: armand on September 07, 2014, 09:36:32 pm
A different one in Seattle
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: Alan Klein on September 07, 2014, 10:20:52 pm
Sorry Armand.  I don't understand your point.  Would you explain?  Alan.
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: armand on September 07, 2014, 10:40:19 pm
Sorry Armand.  I don't understand your point.  Would you explain?  Alan.

The set or the second photo?
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: Alan Klein on September 07, 2014, 11:15:18 pm
Both.
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: armand on September 08, 2014, 12:10:17 am
The second it's more about a different point of view and I liked how the image is doubled and the distance between the doubles feels that increases as you move farther giving you a galaxy-like view or like an explosion. I can understand why many would fail to see it this way.


The first set I thought it's obvious. It wasn't planned but I was surprised that the same 3 windows look so different with just a very small change in my relative position (I was on a boat), I was reminded of Rashomon.
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 08, 2014, 10:12:46 am
I had the first one figured out OK, but I didn't know just how you did the second. But that doesn't matter. As images, the second one is my favorite. In the first set, the idea's fine but the results look a bit murky to me.

P.S. I do appreciate images that ask me to think for more than two seconds.

Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: armand on September 08, 2014, 10:28:46 am
Second one: when you go up on the Space Needle, don't just shoot down like everybody else (and I did my share) but turn around and focus on the reflections in the windows.
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 08, 2014, 05:48:04 pm
You are doing some fascinating stuff with reflections these days, Armand. Keep 'em coming!
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: John Hue on September 13, 2014, 03:19:49 am
The first serie of three is very interesting ! I did spend a reasonable amount of time looking at each of them.
Title: Re: Perspective
Post by: armand on September 13, 2014, 09:36:28 am
Thank you.
Unfortunately the first it's not that sharp, although that's how I discovered the rapid change in reflections, as I had to take another shot because the first was not sharp.