Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: edlauzon on September 05, 2014, 01:15:13 pm

Title: Sharpening settings for Nikon d810
Post by: edlauzon on September 05, 2014, 01:15:13 pm
I'm sorry for being lazy and not experimenting enough on my own. What import presets, if any, are people using for capture sharpening on the d810?
Title: Re: Sharpening settings for Nikon d810
Post by: PhotoEcosse on September 06, 2014, 02:21:11 pm
(http://www.premier-pages.co.uk/sharp.jpg)

Not saying it is optimum - but it suits me.
Title: Re: Sharpening settings for Nikon d810
Post by: Hans Kruse on September 07, 2014, 03:15:51 am
For low ISO I use the following two settings. The first one for apertures at f/11 and larger apertures. The second for f/16 and smaller apertures in the rare event I use lower ones.

This is my default settings on import for all cameras: Canon 1Ds mkIII, 5D mkIII, Nikon D800E and D810. I used a Phase One IQ160 for a while and I used this as a default as well on that camera. For an individual picture I find that I can go higher in some cases, but I rarely find it worth while.