Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 03, 2014, 10:28:11 pm

Title: End of storm
Post by: armand on September 03, 2014, 10:28:11 pm
after a couple of storms, west coast
Title: Re: End of storm
Post by: Chris Calohan on September 03, 2014, 10:43:30 pm
Saw some videos of wicked waves at the Wedge...stupid to try a 12 foot wave that breaks in two feet of water.
Title: Re: End of storm
Post by: David Eckels on September 03, 2014, 10:46:50 pm
My preference is #4. But if I may, what drew you to these shots? Except for #4, it needs no explanation ;)
Title: Re: End of storm
Post by: RSL on September 04, 2014, 08:16:07 am
Armand, The first three are nice tourist pictures: the kind of thing you'd take home to show your neighbors in Kansas what the ocean looks like. But #4 is, without doubt, the best thing I've seen you post. It has serious impact. The figures in the lower right, of course, are what make the picture. Bravo!
Title: Re: End of storm
Post by: armand on September 04, 2014, 01:25:16 pm
I am kind of disappointed that the first 3 don't gather more interest.
I was trying to evoque the power of the ocean in contrast with the peaceful and beautiful light after the storm.

In the second I also liked the repetition pattern of the waves.
The bird on the third was fortuitous but I think adds more to the picture.


Title: Re: End of storm
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 04, 2014, 02:03:23 pm
Armand, The first three are nice tourist pictures: the kind of thing you'd take home to show your neighbors in Kansas what the ocean looks like. But #4 is, without doubt, the best thing I've seen you post. It has serious impact. The figures in the lower right, of course, are what make the picture. Bravo!

I agree entirely. I think even without the figures, #4 would be excellent, but they give it a real boost.

Jeremy