Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on September 02, 2014, 09:02:06 pm

Title: SF
Post by: armand on September 02, 2014, 09:02:06 pm
San Francisco pano
Title: Re: SF
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on September 02, 2014, 09:45:24 pm
Interesting angle. I find the blocked shadows in the foreground incongruent with otherwise muted colors. I also find the color of the sea a bit too cyan, but that could be just my personal preference.
Title: Re: SF
Post by: armand on September 02, 2014, 09:59:44 pm
Interesting angle. I find the blocked shadows in the foreground incongruent with otherwise muted colors. I also find the color of the sea a bit too cyan, but that could be just my personal preference.

I could fix both at some extent, the sea in particular. Lifting the shadows is also possible but I have to be quite careful with the noise, the entire shot has some noise at baseline (ISO 800, lifted shadows)
Title: Re: SF
Post by: armand on September 03, 2014, 09:21:32 pm
new version
Title: Re: SF
Post by: David Eckels on September 03, 2014, 10:42:48 pm
Honestly, I preferred the OP. It's dusk!