Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: diogosousa on September 01, 2014, 06:10:23 pm

Title: Bowens Traveller 1500/3000G Schematics
Post by: diogosousa on September 01, 2014, 06:10:23 pm
Good evening,

does anyone have a Bowens Traveller 1500/3000G electronics schematic, or know where to find one? My 1500 e 3000G generators stoped working due to short circuit, and I´m trying to fix them myself, since I don´t have the money to purchase a new model, and have no problem finding components.

Best Regards,
Diogo Sousa
Title: Re: Bowens Traveller 1500/3000G Schematics
Post by: HarperPhotos on September 02, 2014, 02:49:07 am
Hello,

I have 3 Bowens 3000watt Estime generators which I have use for over 15 years. Unfortunately  they started breaking down some years ago due to a design fault which is cause by the lithium battery inside the generators which is used to keep the memory setting leaking and destroying the circuit board. Fortunately I found a technician here in Auckland who knew how to fix the problem but still they where becoming unreliable. So last year I bought 3 Bowens Quad 2400 packs as they are cheap at $2200 US each and are very reliable.

Sorry this doesn’t answer your question but personally it might be time for you to bite the bullet and upgrade as the Travlers/Estime are very difficult to repair cause of there small size and complexity as they where over engineered.

Cheers

Simon