Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: elolaugesen on August 29, 2014, 07:34:48 am

Title: Photoshop CC 2014 Settings update warning
Post by: elolaugesen on August 29, 2014, 07:34:48 am

Updated photoshop and went on working.  All sort of problems colour matching etc.  Finally sat down and tried to solve the issue.  After some research I found that when the updates come thru the colour settings in the edit menu did not get transferred automatically from the previous version.  I had been working since the update with S'RGB working space instead of ADOBE RGB.

So warning to you all check all  settings when updates come along.

Should have known better.

cheers elo
(yes...  in case someone is wondering   I did have the right colour setting prior to the update)
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2014 Settings update warning
Post by: Simon Garrett on August 29, 2014, 08:04:44 am

Updated photoshop and went on working.  All sort of problems colour matching etc.  Finally sat down and tried to solve the issue.  After some research I found that when the updates come thru the colour settings in the edit menu did not get transferred automatically from the previous version.  I had been working since the update with S'RGB working space instead of ADOBE RGB.

So warning to you all check all  settings when updates come along.

Should have known better.

cheers elo
(yes...  in case someone is wondering   I did have the right colour setting prior to the update)

I guess you're not a Lightroom user?  Only that if you were, ProPhoto RGB would be a better choice of working space, as that's what Lightroom uses. 
Title: Re: Photoshop CC 2014 Settings update warning
Post by: elolaugesen on August 29, 2014, 08:52:06 am
pro photo RGB is available in photoshop too but if you cannot see it on  my current monitor or even print it out for art on mat textured paper then I have difficulty seeing  how it would help me?????

thanks...   (if I am wrong please let me know...  one learns all the time)