Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: davidgriffith on August 28, 2014, 11:06:46 am

Title: mounting options
Post by: davidgriffith on August 28, 2014, 11:06:46 am
Hi, I will be printing some large 44 inch wide prints with my epson 9800. I want to mount them on gaterboard- I've tried spray mount but have had trouble with wrinkles, what is a good way to mount to gator board?

Thanks
Title: Re: mounting options
Post by: dgberg on August 28, 2014, 11:13:16 am
Miracle Muck
Several dozen articles here on the subject with a quick search.
Roll it on,lay down and braver it smooth,flip over and trim with a razor.
It's that simple.
Title: Re: mounting options
Post by: davidgriffith on August 28, 2014, 11:30:42 am
with spray mount or another product?
Title: Re: mounting options
Post by: Paul2660 on August 28, 2014, 11:48:24 am
Paper or canvas?  For sure miracle muck on canvas to gator but a paper print may be more problematic. Very easy to v crease such a big print plus getting the muck all smooth underneath requires pressure as Dan mentioned and that in turn can leave pressure marks.

I would turn to a local shop with a 48 inch press and consider dry mounts.  Also consider Bienfang Ragmount as it's a heavier material and will compliment a large print.


Paul
Title: Re: mounting options
Post by: davidgriffith on August 28, 2014, 12:05:27 pm
I'll be printing on paper and yes its a bitch not to crease it. I'm going to have it slowly slide onto a bigger sheet of gatorboard right out of the printer so I don't have to handle it to move. There is a adhesive gel that it sold in art stores that could function as a glue. Has anyone had experience with that?
(I'm reluctant to have someone drymount all 30 prints I'm making and having to transport them to the lab etc.)
Title: Re: mounting options
Post by: dgberg on August 28, 2014, 02:34:53 pm
Sorry,I assumed if you were printing that size you were printing on canvas,my bad.
It sure would make it a whole lot easier,more durable too.