Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Guenter on November 12, 2005, 04:05:43 pm
-
Is it possible to use the Photoshop CS2 "merge to HDR" function in batch mode?
I shot a lot of panoramic images in bracketing mode (three different exposures each) and now want to batch generate HDR images.
Guenter
-
Is it possible to use the Photoshop CS2 "merge to HDR" function in batch mode?
I shot a lot of panoramic images in bracketing mode (three different exposures each) and now want to batch generate HDR images.
Guenter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Guenter,
I wrote a small tool to help batching the merging of many file-triplets using Photoshops "Merge to HDR"-Script. You can find it here:
www.halibrand.de/batchhdr
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,
Regards,
Matzehali
-
It does only work under MacOSX, though, but it generates a script which runs under Windows, too.
Cheers,
Matzehali
-
Photomatix has a batch function for merging an entire directory into an HDR file.
BP
-
In my opinion Photomatix does a better job of HDR than photoshop as well. Wayne
-
Is it possible to use the Photoshop CS2 "merge to HDR" function in batch mode?
I shot a lot of panoramic images in bracketing mode (three different exposures each) and now want to batch generate HDR images.
Guenter
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=51118\")
Guenter,
I've been doing batch processing of high dynamic range bracketed series for about 2 years now. Also now have a process which is ideal for stitched images. Of course if you are looking for the halos, graying artifacts, and other common "artistically" processed HDR effects, I cannot help you. However if you are simply looking for natural looking dynamic range, then I can.
Script works in CS2/CS3 on Mac/Windows and batch builds undeveloped high dynamic range blended digital negatives from DNG files,
[a href=\"http://www.farrarfocus.com/ffdd/batch.htm]http://www.farrarfocus.com/ffdd/batch.htm[/url]
It's part of my FFDD darkroom toolset for Photoshop,
http://www.farrarfocus.com/ffdd (http://www.farrarfocus.com/ffdd)
Here is a quick example of dynamic range,
(http://www.farrarfocus.com/ffdd/img/intro22.jpg)