Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: rcdurston on August 27, 2014, 07:09:31 am

Title: Selecting images, comma, tab CSV etc
Post by: rcdurston on August 27, 2014, 07:09:31 am
Scenario
The shoot is done, you've done some global corrections, published a web gallery and now the client has come back to you with their selects.
Inevitably I'll get a totally out of chronological order list, a screen capture of the list or jpgs of the images with the file names re written.

Is there a method of importing a CSV or other file type so that maybe LR spits out all the selects into one "new" collection?

Does anyone have any other methods that work?
Obviously this is for selections of hundreds of images.

Thanks
Rob
Title: Re: Selecting images, comma, tab CSV etc
Post by: Ken Bennett on August 27, 2014, 08:24:21 am
I don't have any suggestions, but I feel your pain. I get clients who send me dozens or hundreds of tiny jpegs with new filenames and all the metadata stripped, and ask for the original high res files. They always seem surprised when I tell them I can't get the originals without the original filenames. (Well, maybe I can, but it would take hours or days and I don't have that kind of time.)
Title: Re: Selecting images, comma, tab CSV etc
Post by: john beardsworth on August 27, 2014, 08:26:21 am
Google "LrTransporter" - pretty certain it does it.

John