Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: feckman on August 26, 2014, 03:06:56 pm
-
Hi All,
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I wasn't able to find a definitive answer after a quick search. I have a Canon ipf8300 that I was using in Photoshop CS6 on an old workstation. I have retired that workstation, and I can't figure out how to get the Canon plugin working in Photoshop CC 2014 on the replacement workstation.
Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance.
-
Is anyone using the ipf Photoshop plugin in CC?
-
I would recommend contacting Canon directly for better assistance. (unless someone knows how to help directly)
800-423-2366
You can also view their site with the available drivers or software if that helps.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_printers/imageprograf_series/imageprograf_ipf8300#DriversAndSoftware
-
I'm on a Mac (Mavericks OS version) and running the latest PS CC 2014. Both my ipF8100 and my iPF8300 print plugins work fine as does the Canon Free layout utility which I use a lot with the standard Canon ipf printer driver. I just placed the Canon plugins in the PS plugins folder located in the PS CC2014 application folder that resides in the Mac applications folder. Nothing more needed to be done. If you are on a PC, I would think there's some kind of equivalent plugin folder location. If you've put them in the PS plugin folder but they aren't working, then perhaps it is indeed time to give Canon Support a call. You may have to uninstall and reinstall something. Canon support should get you straightened out if that's the case. Anyway, I didn't have to do anything special to get these plugins to work with the latest PS CC versions on my Mac.
cheers,
Mark
http://www.aardenburg-imaging.com
-
"If you've put them in the PS plugin folder but they aren't working,..."
Don't forget to quit and restart PS. I am setting up an 8400 and just installed the plugin. (MacOS - Mavericks, PS CC2014)
BTW, I did not find it at the driver page for the 8400. I found it here: http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0011084.asp
I have not seen it on a "US" version of the Canon website. Either way, this file worked for me.
Good luck.
-Jeff
-
The Canon USA driver download site now detects what OS you are using. The IPF Photoshop plug-in will not appear when Mavericks is selected as your OS. If you change the drop down selection to a previous OS version (Lion) it is available for download and installation. It runs fine under Mavericks.
-
Yea I had the same situation when upgrading to the new Mac OS.
Like he said install the Lion plug-in and you should be fine.
john
-
"If you've put them in the PS plugin folder but they aren't working,..."
Don't forget to quit and restart PS. I am setting up an 8400 and just installed the plugin. (MacOS - Mavericks, PS CC2014)
BTW, I did not find it at the driver page for the 8400. I found it here: http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0011084.asp
I have not seen it on a "US" version of the Canon website. Either way, this file worked for me.
Good luck.
-Jeff
Which one did you use, Jeff? The CS6 version?
-
David,
Yes, it looks like that is the one I downloaded. It seems to work just fine in cc2014.
--Jeff