Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on August 26, 2014, 02:53:16 pm
-
Is anyone using these waste tank resetter machines for the Canon 8300 that come out of China.
Are they working ok? Are there any in the us?
The guy who used to sell me chips on Ebay is no longer there so I can't find any of the chips to install myself anymore.
John
-
The procedure at this link has always worked for me as long as I reset the counter before the tank shows as full:
http://www.inkjetcarts.us/support/article/canon-ipf8300-service-menu-enter-97.html
He also shows how to print a true nozzle check (nozzle remapping turned off).
Hope this helps,
Dave
-
As far as I know you can reset the waste tank (maintenance cartridge) counter on the printer itself through the service mode.
Obviously you must have a way to empty it before so it does not overflow.
Check this, lots of info:
http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/Reset+Maintenance+Tank
And also download the service manual: http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/ipf8300+Service+Manual
Good luck
-
Great. Thank you Dave. Excellent Video.
john