Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on August 25, 2014, 08:37:13 pm

Title: A few from Tokyo
Post by: BernardLanguillier on August 25, 2014, 08:37:13 pm
Hello my friends,

I had the opportunity to attend this weekend the largest traditional dance festival in Tokyo, Koenji. The dance style is called Awa Odori, originally from Shikoku in Westerna Japan. This festival attracts around 1 million people every year over 2 days.

Here are some images captured with the D810 and 300mm f2.8 VR1 (all shot at f2.8 and 1/500s). More after the link on my Flickr page (https://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/)

I have to say that I am impressed by the AF of the D810 with such fast f2.8 primes. The success ratio is very high in pretty low light and quickly moving subjects.

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5573/14845135447_5807aa3ece_h.jpg)

(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3911/14845060818_9c7e4a786c_b.jpg)

(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/14844929409_6989bb2e38_h.jpg)

(https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5556/15031649095_09707147d1_h.jpg)

(https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3844/14844923629_f18c390aab_h.jpg)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: A few from Tokyo
Post by: luxborealis on August 25, 2014, 11:34:15 pm
Wonderful photographs, Bernard. Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: A few from Tokyo
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 25, 2014, 11:41:03 pm
A fine set, as we would expect from you, Bernard.
My favorite is the fourth one.

Of course I wondered where the snowy mountains were.   ;)

Cheers,

Eric
Title: Re: A few from Tokyo
Post by: David Anderson on August 26, 2014, 04:22:09 am

Of course I wondered where the snowy mountains were.   ;)


Australia.  ;)

Great shots.  8)
The 300 is an interesting perspective..
Title: Re: A few from Tokyo
Post by: francois on August 26, 2014, 04:30:11 am
Congrats for this wonderful set of images. The other images on Flickr are also worth the visit.
Well done!
Title: Re: A few from Tokyo
Post by: BernardLanguillier on August 26, 2014, 10:09:41 pm
Thank you my friends.

Yes, mountains, a bit more difficult to visit them these days, but they remain in my heart! ;)

Cheers,
Bernard