Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Hackman on August 25, 2014, 01:10:13 pm

Title: Bambi in Japan
Post by: Hackman on August 25, 2014, 01:10:13 pm
Hi all,
Happy to hear your comments!
Mark
Title: Re: Bambi in Japan
Post by: Steve Weldon on August 25, 2014, 04:04:53 pm
This is just strange.. but I love it!  Is this a composite?   Doesn't matter, if it is it's well done and in my mind represents the typical new traveller to strange land I've seen so often in humans at airports.. One of the best I've seen in a long time.
Title: Re: Bambi in Japan
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 25, 2014, 06:58:52 pm
This is just strange.. but I love it!  Is this a composite?   Doesn't matter, if it is it's well done and in my mind represents the typical new traveller to strange land I've seen so often in humans at airports.. One of the best I've seen in a long time.
+1.
Title: Re: Bambi in Japan
Post by: BernardLanguillier on August 25, 2014, 08:39:46 pm
Nice! :)

Let me guess, it is Nara?

... OK, I cheated, it is written on the wall. ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Bambi in Japan
Post by: mjrichardson on August 26, 2014, 01:33:58 am
Fantastic! There is such a lot that can be taken from this shot, I really like it.

Mat
Title: Re: Bambi in Japan
Post by: Hackman on August 26, 2014, 02:41:10 am
Thank you for your comments.
 Bernard, it is indeed Nara, Japan. Besides a huge temple it is known for the hundreds of deer that walk around town freely.
Even in the pedestrian tunnels where I made this photo. There were more around me, both deer and humans. I was lucky to be able to single one out and get a clean image towards the tunnel.
I am happy with it because of a stillness or silence that's in it. For me anyway.
Title: Re: Bambi in Japan
Post by: Brett_D on August 26, 2014, 12:18:30 pm
Love it.  It feels like a production still from a show like The Leftovers or Walking Dead (or some other post-apocalyptic show where animals start taking over).