Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on August 25, 2014, 12:45:20 pm

Title: Phlog
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 25, 2014, 12:45:20 pm
Excellent idea, Michael. I very much look forward to reading it.

Jeremy

PS: the "b" in "blog" stands for "web", of course. I thought everyone knew that  ;)
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: uaiomex on August 25, 2014, 12:49:51 pm
I've always said that a few things pass right over our heads without touching us or without us being aware of them.
It can a be a song, a movie, a book, anything.  :)
Eduardo

Excellent idea, Michael. I very much look forward to reading it.

Jeremy

PS: the "b" in "blog" stands for "web", of course. I thought everyone knew that  ;)
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: Chrisso26 on August 25, 2014, 06:36:50 pm
Flog - to flog a dead horse. Flog - UK slang - to sell.
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: michael on August 25, 2014, 07:10:09 pm
Yes I know.  ???

Also Amazon is a river full of piraƱas and Google is the number 10 raised to the power 100, and what perverts do when they see pretty girls.

Michael
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: Ed B on August 26, 2014, 12:01:13 am
.... Google is the number 10 raised to the power 100...

Michael

That is actually spelled googol. :)
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: Phinius on August 27, 2014, 10:33:03 am
First, why all the quibbling?   :(

Second, the Phlog is great idea Michael.

Third,  I noticed that all the photos were taken with your new Pentax 645Z. Have you stopped using your technical camera with Phase One back? Are you planning an article on the new 645?
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: michael on August 27, 2014, 01:24:40 pm
A rose by any other name...

I'll have a comprehensive review of the Pentax 645z in a few weeks.

Michael
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: BradSmith on August 28, 2014, 06:58:30 pm
Suggestion:  Whenever Michael posts a new image on his Phlog, put a notice on the "What's New" page of LuLa.

Brad
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: michael on September 06, 2014, 03:35:27 pm
I do, and there is.

There is an announcement showing the date of the latest Phlog on both the home page and the What's New page.

I don't believe that it warrant a complete announcement by itself though.

Michael
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: jjj on September 07, 2014, 07:30:48 pm
...Google is what perverts do when they see pretty girls.
Michael
That is actually ogle.  ;) Sometimes dones through beer goggles which makes all girls look pretty.
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: jeremyrh on September 26, 2014, 09:45:13 am
That is actually ogle.  ;) Sometimes dones through beer goggles which makes all girls look pretty.
I assumed that Michael knew that, and meant a play on words, since normal males ogle pretty girls, whereas perverts see one and rush to look up stuff on their computer :-)
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: mburke on September 26, 2014, 09:53:46 am
Wonderful idea. Love the description of the thought process of the shot along with the tech data. So much better than the typical "Look what I shot" posts. I particularly liked the bale of hay shot and how it came about. Oddly, it was very inspirational to me to get off my dead butt and take some pictures. Thanks,

Mike
Title: Re: Phlog
Post by: NancyP on September 26, 2014, 01:48:09 pm
Thanks for your posts.