Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Mirrorless Cameras => Topic started by: brianrybolt on August 21, 2014, 12:18:15 pm
-
Just bought a Fuji X-T1 and I feel like returning it because of the VERY tight Exp. Comp dial. Any suggestions on how to loosen this damn thing. I've already been trying to loosen it by rotating it fully dozens of times but it hasn't worked. Have any of you sent it back to Fuji for them to loosen it. I've had both a EX-1 and a Pro-1 and never had an once of trouble. FUJI ARE YOU LISTENING!
Thanks,
Brian
-
Ha! I wish the dial on my X-Pro1 were tighter.
-
On mine it's ok, I can turn it most of the times with my thumb only and it's not ergonomically difficult to use two fingers while holding the lens with the left hand.
If it were looser it will move too much; I wish the aperture rings on their lenses were so tight, none of them really is and it doesn't get any better with time.
Ergonomics are trickier for the both the shutter and the ISO, it doesn't bother me that much because I use aperture-priority and auto-ISO most of the times, but when I try manual something it's not that fast or easy.
-
Just a small thing, when you try to turn it try also pushing towards the center first and then towards the periphery if it makes sense.