Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on August 20, 2014, 08:02:03 am

Title: Zebra Turning
Post by: William Walker on August 20, 2014, 08:02:03 am
I have held on to posting this for two years...I think it is time to see what you make of it.

Thanks
William
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: stamper on August 20, 2014, 10:02:12 am
Do you have a colour version William? ;)
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 20, 2014, 10:02:44 am
Wow! You caught the right instant for best graphic effect.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: RSL on August 20, 2014, 10:21:42 am
Eric's right. It's beautiful, William. Bravo!
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: David Eckels on August 20, 2014, 11:14:59 am
Gotta agree.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 20, 2014, 11:22:02 am
Do you have a colour version William? ;)

A good one, stamper! And, of course, a great one, William!
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: stamper on August 20, 2014, 11:36:23 am
William I think you have earned your stripes.....photographically speaking. Well done. :)
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 20, 2014, 12:19:25 pm
On a side note, it is fascinating how humans are attracted to zebras because of their stripes, which is a direct opposite of the evolutionary intention. Granted, the evolution was supposed to take care of a different type of admirers: flies. Apparently, according to the latest theory, the stripes were supposed to confuse the vision of (often deadly) flies. Science class dismissed!  :)
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: wolfnowl on August 20, 2014, 03:38:03 pm
Apparently it works well for shark suits too, Slobodan!

Great shot, William.

Mike.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 20, 2014, 08:59:36 pm
Do you have a colour version William? ;)
But Stamper: that is the colour one! I want to see it converted nicely to black and white.   ;D
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: William Walker on August 22, 2014, 05:49:11 am
Thanks to all who commented.

I made my biggest print ever (28'X41') of it yesterday and it is in for framing. It looks even better that size.

Regards
William
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Tony Jay on August 22, 2014, 07:15:46 am
William I think you have earned your stripes.....photographically speaking. Well done. :)
William, I am not sure that I can comment more expertly than this from Stamper!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Chris Calohan on August 23, 2014, 09:15:02 am
And I'll bet you waited for that shot, and you calculated that exposure and you understood from the outset that big was going to be the best. Waiting and watching is what photographers do best.

It is a marvelous shot.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: sdwilsonsct on August 23, 2014, 01:46:32 pm
And I'll bet you waited for that shot, and you calculated that exposure and you understood from the outset that big was going to be the best. Waiting and watching is what photographers do best.

It is a marvelous shot.

Yes, good work.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: William Walker on August 23, 2014, 02:40:30 pm
And I'll bet you waited for that shot, and you calculated that exposure and you understood from the outset that big was going to be the best. Waiting and watching is what photographers do best.

It is a marvelous shot.

I wish I could say it happened like that...but I can't! I have no clue what I was thinking. ???

William
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 24, 2014, 01:54:09 am
I made my biggest print ever (28'X41') of it yesterday and it is in for framing. It looks even better that size.

Feet? Or inches?

Great shot, either way.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: luxborealis on August 25, 2014, 11:42:24 pm
Wonderful photograph; glad to hear you went big. It is well-deserved.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: William Walker on August 26, 2014, 01:57:31 am
Feet? Or inches?

Great shot, either way.

Jeremy

Sorry! " ' " is feet! " " " is inches - should have been " " " !!!(inches).

Thanks again to all who commented.
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: stamper on August 26, 2014, 03:15:36 am
William I don't think you needed to explain the situation. It was obvious to everyone else reading the thread that it was inches. Unfortunately from Jeremy it was a bit of feet and mouth. ;) ;D
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 27, 2014, 10:23:57 am
Yes, it's a stunner - bravo!

Dave
Title: Re: Zebra Turning
Post by: seamus finn on August 27, 2014, 11:37:51 am
Well worth the two-year wait. Stunning!