Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on August 19, 2014, 02:13:40 pm

Title: Pano
Post by: armand on August 19, 2014, 02:13:40 pm
My usual place in the nearby park, slightly different point of reference.

More like a proof of concept as the fine detail is kind of crap with the LR/Photoshop.
Title: Re: Pano
Post by: William Walker on August 20, 2014, 04:50:35 am
Everything is very nice - I am not too sure about the "two-tone" sky though...it seems a little strange.
Title: Re: Pano
Post by: armand on August 20, 2014, 08:56:59 am
Everything is very nice - I am not too sure about the "two-tone" sky though...it seems a little strange.

Now I see it, I used a couple of filters in Color Effex that probably did it, I'll deactivate the one I think is the culprit and see what happens.
Title: Re: Pano
Post by: armand on August 20, 2014, 10:29:30 am
It was mostly a graduated filter that had some tint which worsened what was already present.
Here is a slightly modified version.
Title: Re: Pano
Post by: David Eckels on August 20, 2014, 11:20:10 am
The second is better IMHO. I like the colors and the pano treatment. For whatever (arbitrary?) reason, I would have liked a little higher position of the camera and a slightly more downward angle on the lens. Not a lot, just subtle. I get your point with the fine detail; I struggle with this too. Maybe others would disagree, but is there a way to mimic a T/S lens effect?
Title: Re: Pano
Post by: hokuahi on August 20, 2014, 11:36:08 am
I would have kept whatever graduated filter was used, just masked the sky out. It seems the second one lost some vibrancy without it.