Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rogerxnz on August 19, 2014, 06:38:09 am

Title: Markers
Post by: rogerxnz on August 19, 2014, 06:38:09 am
Comments please.
Rogerxnz
Title: Re: Markers
Post by: David Eckels on August 20, 2014, 11:04:13 am
This works very well for me. The HDR-like mood fits with the signs intent (presuming danger). You might get some sh!t for crunchiness, but I think it works very well from a creative standpoint.
Title: Re: Markers
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on August 20, 2014, 11:27:44 am
An excellent rendition! From the standpoint of composition, focal-length choice, viewpoint, theme, mood, and post-processing.
Title: Re: Markers
Post by: RSL on August 20, 2014, 11:53:39 am
+1
Title: Re: Markers
Post by: rogerxnz on August 20, 2014, 02:44:25 pm
Thank you all for your comments. I am proud of the image (which is why I posted it!) because of the dismal conditions at the time.

Here is the original. Thank you LR, ACR and PS!
Roger

Title: Re: Markers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 20, 2014, 08:53:59 pm
An excellent rendition! From the standpoint of composition, focal-length choice, viewpoint, theme, mood, and post-processing.
+2.
Title: Re: Markers
Post by: geezerhood on August 21, 2014, 01:01:10 pm
I saw this when you had just posted it the other day and quite enjoyed it, more than any other image on the first page that day. I wanted to see the raw at that time also so I was glad to find it in the thread today. Your image has given me courage to do more with my raws.  As I was comparing the raw with the final image my thoughts went back to the day when the only choices I had for my color work was whether to shoot it with Kodachrome, Ektachrome or Agfachrome. 

I returned to photography as an expressive art form barely two years ago after a ten+ year rest and really knew nothing about raw files or digital image processing,  having shot everything on 6x9cm chromes in the past, printing them straight for gallery display on Cibachrome/Ilfochrome papers. LL has been a good source of help and inspiration for me.  I am having a great time with it now as learn to extract what I felt when I captured the file or whatever direction the image takes me.  It is quite exhilarating to have the ability to make an image look just the way you want it to so easily compared to when I was shooting film exclusively.

Thanks for sharing both versions. I would like to see the raw as shot and the final image in every post on here.