Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: seamus finn on August 17, 2014, 07:57:35 pm

Title: Musicians At Rest
Post by: seamus finn on August 17, 2014, 07:57:35 pm
They were taking a break after an  impromptu session at the world's biggest traditional musical festival, this year in my home town, Sligo, Ireland, whose landscape was inspired much of the work of the great poet, William Butler Yeats. I spent hundreds of shots which I wouldn't put up here, and then, this evening, on my way home, shattered and ''shot out', I rested for a pint in the door of a packed pub -and there they were, but they could have been anywhere. I just chanced upon them. It's the serendipity of street photography. 


Title: Re: Musicians At Rest
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 17, 2014, 08:29:03 pm
This one gets to me personally, as I just recently spent a week at the Boxwood Music Festival in Nova Scotia, where there was LOTS of traditional (and other) music, including some very good folks from Sligo. There were flutes, whistles, drums, banjos, fiddles, etc., and a great step dancer, too. And sessions every evening in various pubs and hotels in town. Much fun.

Title: Re: Musicians At Rest
Post by: RSL on August 17, 2014, 09:38:27 pm
It's a grand shot, Seamus. Bravo! But now you'll hear that it's not real sharp and that the horizon isn't level, and you'll probably get instructions on how to correct these problems.