Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 17, 2014, 02:46:30 pm

Title: Outer Hebrides
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 17, 2014, 02:46:30 pm
A bright but misty autumn morning in the Outer Hebrides.

It is almost like being in a land that time forgot, or standing at the edge of the world  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: stamper on August 18, 2014, 03:30:43 am
Personally I like my landscapes a little more contrasty. However this is likeable. Serene and calm.
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: francois on August 18, 2014, 04:23:02 am
Relaxing and calm…
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: mal mcilwraith on August 18, 2014, 03:30:38 pm
Dave

This is the style of image where I like to see real sharpness in the micro contrast - such as the bar of rocks in the middle ground to sort of offset the overall softness of the landscape. In that way the viewer can appreciate that the softness is atmosphere not just an over enlarged image.

So I would like to see the full scale image as I appreciate this is a small web friendly version.

Mal
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 19, 2014, 07:24:04 am
Dave

This is the style of image where I like to see real sharpness in the micro contrast - such as the bar of rocks in the middle ground to sort of offset the overall softness of the landscape. In that way the viewer can appreciate that the softness is atmosphere not just an over enlarged image.

So I would like to see the full scale image as I appreciate this is a small web friendly version.

Mal

OK Mal, I will upload a bigger and high res version for you to look at, although you will have to forgive me, as I will have to stick some watermarks over it somewhere, as I do intend to use this image commercially  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 19, 2014, 10:15:25 am
OK Mal, I will upload a bigger and high res version for you to look at, although you will have to forgive me, as I will have to stick some watermarks over it somewhere, as I do intend to use this image commercially  ;)

Dave

And here it is  ;)

I have also removed the two dots of seaweed just before the waterway gap in the land to the right.

Dave
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: mal mcilwraith on August 19, 2014, 04:10:45 pm
Thanks Dave

I do like the image it has a gentleness to it that speaks to me.

My wife and I were in Skye last year for a few days and have a few images from our visit which we are rather pleased with.

Regards


Mal
Title: Re: Outer Hebrides
Post by: David Eckels on August 20, 2014, 11:09:34 am
I agree with the comments regarding mood, but I have to say I find the color a bit distracting and to me (only perhaps) it does not add much. I think monotone would work very well here. I love the composition and the high AR. Gotta visit one of these days!