Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Wolfman on August 16, 2014, 05:40:27 pm

Title: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Wolfman on August 16, 2014, 05:40:27 pm
I tried using Puppet Warp in CC 2014 yesterday and when I select an area I want to manipulate and start adding pins the mesh(selection) disappears and the pins now affect the whole image instead of the selected area....am baffled.....anybody have this happen?.... I have used it before in CS6 with no problem....actually I think it worked fine in the 1st CC also.
Title: Re: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Pictus on August 16, 2014, 11:05:00 pm
Here it is ok.
Toc! Toc! Toc!
Knocking on wood...

Update the video driver and reset Photoshop preferences (http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-reset-photoshop-to-default-settings/) after the driver update.
Title: Re: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Wolfman on August 17, 2014, 02:40:51 am
I'm on a mac and I use Photoshop CC 2014.....do you have a solution for that combo?
Title: Re: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Wolfman on August 17, 2014, 03:41:46 am
I tried resetting for mac and it didn't help the puppet warp problem. I opened my CS6 and tried puppet warp and it worked fine...something is wrong with it in my PSCC 2014.
Title: Re: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Pictus on August 17, 2014, 12:09:12 pm
Try to set Drawing Mode = Basic
Go to Menu>Edit>Preferences>Performance>Graphics Processor Settings>Advanced Settings and set the Drawing Mode = Basic
(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4686872/olgb.png)

If does not work, disable GPU.
(http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt136/Pictus171/gpu-ds.png)

IF the above tips resolve, you need updated video drivers...
Title: Re: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Wolfman on August 17, 2014, 02:03:55 pm
I tried all of your suggestions....still isn't working correctly. My graphics card came with the newest mac pro: AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Not sure if that is the problem.
Title: Re: Puppet Warp Problem in CC 2014
Post by: Wolfman on August 18, 2014, 04:34:48 pm
After calling Adobe and still no solution I tried a different method: I select the area I want to use puppet warp on and then make a duplicate layer containing only the selection and then puppet warp works properly....in previous PS versions I made a duplicate layer 1st and then made my selection and go to puppet warp and it worked fine.